Prof. Venkatasubramanian’s research focuses on enabling effective management and utilization of resources in the evolving global information infrastructure. Her areas of research include:
- concurrent/distributed systems
- reflective and adaptive middleware
- Internet-of-things, cyberphysical systems, smart resilient communities
- middleware for pervasive and mobile computing environments
- multimedia systems and applications
- formal reasoning of distributed systems.
Affiliated Centers and Labs:
- CERT- Center for Emergency Response Technologies
- Director, Networked Systems Program
- California Institute for Telecommunications and Information Technology (Calit2)
- Center for Embedded and Cyberphysical Systems (CECS)
- Institute for Virtual Environments and Computer Games
- Clustering, SAN and Fibre Channel Laboratory
- Novell@ICS Lab
- Laboratory for Ubiquitous Computing and Interaction
- Center for Virtual Reality
Open Systems Laboratory, Department of Computer Science, University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign.
Stanford Formal Reasoning Group, Computer Science Department, Stanford University.